My professional experience and goals are all online related with a main focus on creating actionable insights that will assist the business in generating more revenue and positively increase the customer’s overall experience.
It is my opinion that there is more to online optimization than just clickstream analysis and as a user experience manager it is in my and the company’s best interest to take a broader approach to finding and acting on revenue increasing opportunities through user centric design.
I believe in an agile approach. I believe in deploying lean methodologies in order to cut down on research and development costs and focus on finding the right mix between business objectives and customer experience which are intricately linked to increasing conversion and revenue.
“As a pragmatic user experience manager I enjoy assisting companies track, analyze and improve their online activities.”
Skills and Goals
I am skilled in many tools, enjoy participating in well planned and ad-hoc projects and am motivationally driven by the hidden opportunities present within every company’s online activities.
My personal goals are to further enhance my skills as a user experience manager, to continuously remain on top of different methodologies and techniques and to further advocate the importance of user centric design and complete online monitoring.
I am a regular blogger on online topics on my personal blog (this website) and have posted articles on several leading Dutch websites such as:
- webanalisten.nl (web analytics)
- marketingfacts.nl (online marketing)
- frankwatching.nl (online marketing)
I started public speaking 2011. Since then I have presented my theories and methods at the following events:
- Travelport – Barcelona, Spain (October)
- IBM Performance 2012 – Brussels, Belgium (November)
- Google Finland Travel Seminar – Helsinki, Finland (June) [Keynote]
- eMetrics Stockholm – Stockholm, Sweden (October)
- Emerce’s eTravel – Bussum, Netherlands (June)
- Dutch Web Analytics Conference – Houten, Netherlands (March) [Keynote] View Presentation
- Web Analytics Wednesday Amsterdam – Guerrilla Optimization Tactics
- Emerce’s eTravel - The Voice of the
CustomerVisitor in Travel
- Emerce’s eRetail – Complete Web Monitoring (co presented with MeasureWorks)
wireframing, prototyping, web analytics assessment/strategies/deployment/adoption, voice of customer strategies/deployment/analysis, (agile) usability testing including multi-variate testing (mvt) and a/b split testing, (key) performance indicator development/assessment, web performance monitoring/analysis/deployment, interaction analysis strategies/deployment/analysis, community engagement analysis, competitive analysis
I'm happy to recommend Matthew as a speaker to any such event. He gives value, sticks to the agreed plan and is very reliable, and most importantly, is very likable person to work with. Thank you Matthew!